20 May Winning bread recipe
We had a Facebook bread baking competition in April and this was the winning recipe submitted by Gisela Hawley. This is a yummy recipe that she made for her beautiful African Grey parrot Liefie.
- 1 tbsp Nature’s Nest Micronized Maize
- 2 tbsp oats – do not use instant oats
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tbsp purple cabbage
- 2 tbsp grated carrots
- 1 tbsp peas
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (unsweetened and unsalted)
- 1 red chili
- 1 green chili
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Preheat your oven to 180 °C
- Cut the Micronized Maize, fresh basil, purple cabbage, red chili and green chili into fine pieces.
- Beat an egg.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Take a bread pan and grease well with Spray & Cook. Please note that this should be done outside and away from your parrot. The fumes are toxic for parrots.
- Pour the mixture into the bread pan and bake for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Take out the pan and let it cool down.
For more recipes and ideas on what to give your parrot please join the Laat Waai Papegaai Facebook Group.